In Season 1, Episode 2 of F word, Gordon Ramsey shows us how to make a simple risotto. Now here’s Gordon Ramsey’s Pumpkin Risotto. Just follow the directions below for a fantastic, creamy dish.
3 c. of ripe pumpkin cut up into small cubes
6 c. chicken stock
2 c. risotto rice
2 tbsp. butter
¼ c. parmesan, plus shavings for garnish
¼ c. sage leaves
3 tbsp. olive oil
1. Pour the olive oil into a pan, and set at medium heat. Add the pumpkin cubes, and cook for about 5 minutes until it has softened.
2. Set aside 1/4th of the pumpkin and put the rest of them into the blender while it is still hot; this prevents lumps. Blend until the pumpkin becomes a smooth mixture and set aside.
3. Take a saucepan and heat up your chicken stock.
4. In a larger saucepan, put in a little bit of olive oil, and pour in the rice. Stir frequently, and add in the chicken stock a little at a time, in order for it to absorb.
5. Once your rice has cooked, pour in the pumpkin puree, stir and season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in butter and parmesan.
7. Pour the Gordon Ramsay’s Pumpkin Risotto into bowls and top with parmesan and sage leaves. Enjoy!