This delicious meal can be prepared in one pot quickly and easily. You can make the Ragout ahead of time and store it until you’re ready to prepare this dish. Feed a large family with this meal (serves 8 ) or keep some for leftovers. You can half the recipe if you wish to make less.
This recipe comes from Gordon Ramsay’s Fast Food
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and black pepper (I use kosher)
- 4 banana shallots (unpeeled), smashed
- 2 medium eggplants trimmed and chopped.
- handful of thyme sprigs
- handful of rosemary sprigs
- 4 zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- glass of dry white wine
- 8 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or 1 14oz can of chopped tomatoes)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375f. Heat a large skillet and add 3tbsp. olive oil.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken in batches: cook skin side down for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and then heat the other side for about 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
3. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to the pan and add the shallots, garlic, eggplants, and a few thyme and rosemary sprigs. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the zucchini and pour in the wine. Reduce down until about half the wine is left. While you’re reducing, put an oiled oven-safe pan in the oven to heat up.
5. Stir the tomatoes into the vegetables and add to the roasting pan. Place the seared chicken breasts on top and scatter some more herb sprigs on top. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or more if needed until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Let the meal sit for about 5 minutes after removing it from the oven and you’re done! Serve at once with bread.
7. Leave me comments.