This recipe can be found in Gordon Ramsay’s Fast Food. Please buy the book if you enjoy this recipe as Gordon needs the cash! *chuckles*
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 8 slices of smoked bacon (chopped)
- 7oz peas (make sure they’re thawed)
- a few basil leaves (roughly sliced, or torn)
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 5oz goat cheese log with rind (thickly sliced)
- sea salt and black pepper
- Parmesan (grated)
- large handful of arugula leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Classic Vinaigrette
Preheat your oven broiler to it’s highest setting. Get a large skillet and melt the butter and cook the bacon until golden brown and crisp. Toss in the peas and cook for another minute or two, then add the basil.
Beat the eggs and pour them into the skillet. Gently shake the skillet over medium heat. As the frittata begins to set at the bottom, top with the goat cheese. Season generously with pepper and a little salt.
Sprinkle grated parmesan over the frittata and place the pan under the hot broiler for a minute or two until the eggs are set on top. Slide onto a warm large plate.
Lightly dress a handful of arugula leaves by tossing them with the vinaigrette, then pile on top of the frittata. Cut into wedges and serve. Yummy!