Gordon Ramsay’s Sausage and Beans
I just prepared this recipe for dinner tonight and “oh my God”, it’s delicious! It’s a cinch to make and so tasty that I stuffed myself to the point of being uncomfortable! This is a quick recipe that would be good for lunch or dinner.
I couldn’t find Toulouse Sausage, or a can of Mixed Beans, so I used Italian Sweet Sausage, and a can of Black Beans.
This Recipe comes from Gordon Ramsay’s Fast Food
- 4 Toulouse Sausages (you can use kielbasa or Italian Sweet Sausage if needed)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (finely sliced)
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 14 oz can of mixed beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 14 can of chopped tomatoes (or cut them fresh if you have time)
- salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar
- rustic bread
Pan-fry the sausage with the olive oil and the thyme, then add the garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the sausages to be a nice golden brown at this point.
Add the mixed beans and the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Loosely cover the pan and stew for 10-12 minutes until the sausage are cooked through.
Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar if the tomato sauce is too sharp. Serve in bowls with the bread.
Serves 2 (or 1 really hungry person)