Chicken Potato Soup
This recipe isn’t from Gordon Ramsay, it’s actually my recipe. I’ve incorporated much of what I know about Gordon Ramsay’s cooking into the recipe. I prepared this for dinner last night since I’ve been feeling a little under the weather lately and Chicken Soup does a body good. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 1 or 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 golden potato (peeled and chopped into 1/2 cubes)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 or 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- olive oil (a few good glugs)
- 7 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
Add olive oil to large stock pot and heat. Add onion to pot and cook while stirring for a couple of minutes, add chicken, garlic, and thyme (separating leaves from stems. Cook chicken and onions, stirring occasionally until the chicken is opaque and onions are translucent.
Add chicken stock to pan and the rest of the ingredients except for the salt and pepper. Bring to boil then simmer on medium low for 20-30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.