This dessert can be prepared in minutes and looks really great! Gordon says to make sure you buy shortbread of fine quality that’s thin.
- generous 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 5 tbsp whipping cream
- 2-3 tbsp confectioners sugar, plus extra to dust
- 8 all-butter round shortbreads
- 14oz strawberries, hulled and quartered
- few mint sprigs (leaves only), roughly shredded, plus a few sprigs to finish
Put the creme fraiche, whipping cream, and 2 tbsp confectioners sugar into a large bowl. Beat lightly until smooth and just thick, taking care not to over-whisk. Taste and add a little more confectioners sugar if you think it needs it.
Place a shortbread on each serving plate. Spoon a large dollop of the creamy mixture on top. Scatter the strawberries and minto over the cream.
Dist the other shortbreads with confectioners sugar and rest them on top of the strawberries. Add a mint sprig to each dessert and serve.