Gordon Ramsay’s Salt Baked Pineapple is a delicious but simple dish made from pineapples and Mascarpone. Try it at home.
1 small pineapple
2 cup coarse sea salt
1 tbsp. Chinese five spice
2 egg whites
3 tbsp. Mascarpone
2 tbsp. fresh chopped Basil
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the sea salt and Chinese 5 spice.
3. Take the cloves and pierce the skin all over the pineapple in order to add a nice aroma. Set pineapple aside.
4. Add the 2 egg whites to the bowl of salt, and use your hands to mix it together. You don’t want the salt to become too wet, but dry enough to be able to pack onto the pineapple.
5. Lift up the pineapple and start patting the nice, thin layer of salt all the way around. Be gentle and make sure you don’t miss any spots, including the bottom.
6. Take a saucepan, and grab a handful of the same salt to stick onto the middle of the pan, and sit the pineapple on top. Take the pan and put it into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. In another bowl, mix together the Mascarpone and Basil vigorously until the cheese has been tinted slightly green. Set aside.
8. Remove pineapple from the oven and gently crack the salt crust. Slice the pineapple into halves, and then quarters and place onto serving dish.
9. Take a spoon and heat it up under hot running water for about a minute, and use it to scoop up a clean dollop of the Mascarpone mixture. Place the dollop onto the Gordon Ramsay’s Salt Baked Pineapple and enjoy!