In season 2, episode 5 of The F Word, Gordon Ramsey shares his recipe for stuffed chicken. Gordon Ramsey’s Stuffed Chicken Legs with Marsala Sauce is a recipe that looks complicated and fancy, but is actually pretty simple. Just follow the directions below for a fantastic meal.
1/2 cup pistachios with shells removed
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 cup ground sausage
1 boneless chicken thigh (skin optional)
4 strips of bacon
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups water
1/3 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup Marsala
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Combine sausage, pistachios, thyme, parsley, and a dash of both salt and pepper all together in a bowl. Place the mixture onto the center of the chicken and roll the chicken over until it covers majority of the stuffing. Set aside.
2. Take a large piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over it. Season the foil with salt and pepper and then lay out 4 strips of bacon onto the foil close enough to where the sides of each piece are touching. Place the stuffed chicken thigh right on top of the bacon and roll the foil over with the bacon all the way around and squeeze the ends of the foil nice and tight like a tootsie roll.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil and then place the stuffed chicken wrapped in aluminum into the pot for 25 minutes. Then remove the stuffed chicken from the water and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and carefully unwrap the foil. Place a skillet on the stove and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the meat once again with a pinch of salt and pepper, and then place the stuffed chicken into the pan. In order to get the bacon nice and crispy, roll the chicken around as each side browns. Remove the chicken from the skillet and put aside to rest for a bit.
5. Deglaze the very same pan with the sherry vinegar along with the bacon juices and oil at a medium temperature. Add the Marsala wine and chicken broth, stirring frequently until the sauce has thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and the sauce is now ready.
6. Slice up the chicken at an angle, place onto plates and then drizzle the dish with Marsala sauce. Enjoy your Gordon Ramsey’s Stuffed Chicken Legs with Marsala Sauce!